2.05.2008

Why Unity Matters on Super Tuesday


Okay, it's Chad.


Here's how I'm going to vote.


Admittedly, I'm going to sound like I'm asking people to hold hands and sing like flower people. But I believe in the leadership style that has the ability to bring people together. If people disagree, there should be a significant effort from a President to change minds in hopes of bringing unity. To clarify, though it seems popular to disagree and make fun of President Bush across the board, I have not disagreed with everthing he has done. However, where I believe he has gone wrong is that he has appeared to dismiss people who don't see it his way. We see this as he seems to continually ram budget proposals down the throat of the Congress asking for billions for a war that he has not adequately convinced people we should be fighting. If he believes we should be fighting the war, part of his job is to convince his country. I don't think he's tried.


In 8 years, I hope that Mitt, John, Hillary or Barak will not be as isolated and politically impotent as President Bush is currently. I think at least three of these will try to convince others effectively, but in reality, I think only one candidate is poised to do it best. And I'm voting for that one.

1 comment:

Matt Ross said...

Hey Chad, How do i become a contributer to this blog, i made a blog page. How can i join?